Wondering if you should Rent, Buy, or Modify?
Access Match™ is a innovation of Enabling Access Inc, an Occupational Therapy and Accessibility Consulting company specializing in Home Modification Assessments across Canada for people with disabilties and older adults wanting to live in place as they age.
If you are worried about your loved ones or are in search of a home modification assessment to ensure the safety and accessibility of anyone, anywhere in Canada, we can help!! We offer virtual and in-person Home Modification Assessments.
This service is customized for each client and can include cognitive, mobility, and mental health screenings, along with the residential safety and accessibility assessment. The comprehensive report outlines identified fall, safety, and social isolation risks, barriers to current and future accessibility and includes recommendations for assistive devices, accessibility equipment, homecare services, community support
services, and cost-effective home modifications.
This assessment service is NOT a safety checklist. As regulated healthcare professionals, our occupational therapists are uniquely trained to assess each client's current and future health needs, identify safety risk factors, barriers to access, and make recommendations to increase functional performance and easy of living.
A Home Modification Assessment conducted by our qualified occupational therapists can:
- Screen for cognitive, phyiscal and sensory impairments
- Assess participation in daily activities of living
- Identify a person's risk of falling and risk of social isolation
- Identify current and future accessibility barriers
- Assist in planning for hospital discharge following injury, disability accommodation, and aging in place
- Educate a person, family, and caregivers in safe methods for bathing, toileting and other activities of daily living
- Identify capability and use of environmental controls including Smart Home features
- Recommend caregiving services, meal preparation and delivery services, yard care services and more
- Recommend mobility aids and assistive devices to increase independence and safety
- Recommend home modifications including structural changes to bathrooms, entrances, and additions.
- Assist a family in determining if they should Modify or Move.
The assessment recommendations may include home security, support services, home management services, accessibility equipment, and customized home modifications. The comprehensive report and consultation can ultimately help you or your family member with the decision to Modify or Move!
Our skilled occupational therapists collaborate with residents, family, health providers, home renovation companies, designers, and home healthcare equipment specialists to create safe and accessible and beautiful living environments.
Visit Enabling Access Inc. to schedule a Home Modification Assessment.
Professional Association Membership